Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Monday, August 23, 2004

Sunday Recap

Here's a recap of the festivities I had on Sunday, my 24th birthday. ;-p

Sunday was definitely a day for mistaken identities, deja vu, double wedding celebrations, a titanic tussle of two boyfriends (more on that JUICY one laters), and a convergence of my past and the present (which is like WAY cool now that I think about it).

So being an 'anti SO-sial' beeatch, I had originally decided to sleep in late on my birthday and like wake up midday then just waste away the day watching dvd boxed sets of WW2 (it's a good one as well being Steven Spielberg's / Tom Hank's Band of Brothers, but definitely NOT something u wanna do on ur birthday right ?)

Neways, Nazrul,a good mate of mine from Edinburgh (who's currently back for summer hols) decided that wasting away watching DVDs is no way to spend the special day. So he poked and prodded me into going to 2 wedding receptions.

One reception being our former Edinbra (that's how the Scots pronounce Edinburgh btw ppl) mate's and another being some political big wig's daughter's wedding. (One thing to note about Nazrul, he's a social climber and am really good with people of all ages and creed. So that makes him a good politician candidate, no ?)--Jgn mare Nazrul wei! ;-p

I felt really2 bad agreeing to go to 2 weddings since I had originally declined going to one already, which is my office mate's brother's wedding.

The first one went off without a hitch as the happy couple had a great wedding reception and I managed to meet up with more Edinbra mates. (it's always a good thing to meet up ppl from ur past and see how much they've changed, etc. etc. )

I was dreading the second one since I did not know the bride and groom, and my friend 'barely' knew this political big wig. But it was held at Seri Melayu, an authentic Malay cuisine establishment so what the hell...I could always go for the free food , non ?

Well, I guess someone up there must've been having a good chuckle as I entered the second wedding reception.

I did a double take as I saw the bride and groom and had a mini-Friendster moment.

Somehow, this wedding reception is the same reception I had originally declined to go to (the one held for my office mate's brother)! Hahahaa...what I'd do to have a picture of my face as a sense of deja vu and realization dawned upon my anti SO-sial brain.

So I kinda got double invitations to the same wedding, one from the groom's side and another from the bride's side. It was really cool to see my past (MY Edinbra mates) converge with my present (my office colleagues) in one auspicious ceremony.

After the double weddings, we hung out around KLCC and met up with more Edinbra mates. It was good to hang out with some ppl my age after being SO disconnected from life. I blame myself at the end of the day for not making more of an effort to go out and re-connect with past friends and stuff, u know....

Neways, one chickmate of mine brought along her current squeeze to the gathering. To make matters more interesting, midway, her old/current flame (I don't know, matters of the heart are like SO complicated I guess u gotta really ask her who THIS guy is to her nowadays) also joined us.

We sure did have a fun time seeing the titanic tussle between two testosterone-induced love-mad males..... one was abrupt and distant all night long while the other was easygoing and seemed to relish the challenge. I don't know who u'll end up choosing girl but if I were u, I'd go with the more easygoing guy....don't know how good he is in bed tho' so that might be a minus...hahahahahaha ;-p

Neways, I've rambled long enough, I had a really, really great time yesterday and would like to thank everyone that made it a superb birthday fer me. It's sure was one of the coolest I've had in quite some time. (*NiK's conscience* How SAD is that proclamation ? Jeez do I need to get out more or what?)

It made me realise that I might be missing a significant other in my life currently, but with friends this good (Edinbra mates/Office mates/etc.), I don't mind not being tied down with a lady for the mean time!

;-p