Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Movie Review

I saw Episode III again for the second time around during the same time all the lil' people get to watch it for the first time. (Thursday, 19th May)



Episode III Posted by Hello


Despite already watching it early this morning, I can't help but a be a Star Wars geek and watch it again tonight.

Before I start on my review, a quick shout out to Ed, for driving me back home to Subang on time so I can catch my movie. Relax and take it easy the next time ur driving, girl... just 'cos u have me in the car doesn't mean u have to get all nervous and start swerving left, right, and center! ;-p


Back to the topic in question!

Dear God...how could I have been SO blind yesterday ??

Despite all the great action and lightsaber duels...it can't make up for ONE important fact:

George Lucas CAN'T write even if his life depended on it.

I was BORED to tears listening to the drivel that he passes off as dialogue. Every scene Padme Amidala had was BAD with a capital B. Natalie Portman's lines were SO bad that I cringed whenever her scene came up.

The worst was the following exchange b/w Ani & Padme:

Padme Amidala is combing her hair on the balcony of their Coruscant apartment as Anakin looks on from the shifting double-panelled glass doorway.

Ani: You look beautiful tonight.

Padme: Only because I'm SO in love with you.

Ani: *Smiles* No, no... I'M SO in love with you....

Followed by silence in the whole cinema theater as everyone pukes on themselves and a few desperate fans take a gun to their heads and press the trigger. God(!), suicide is preferrable compared to listening to this drivel which Lucas is attempting to pass off as dialogue !

Go get urself a woman Lucas so u'd learn how to speak to women better or enter into a scriptwriting class again to pick up the skills of writing effective dialogue !!

It's so SAD that good actors like Natalie Portman, Samuel L. Jackson and Ewan McGregor had to make do with lines so crap that even their Oscar-worthy talents go to waste.

Ian McDiarmid however stole the show with his turn as Chancellor Palpatine / The Emperor.

Every line he spoke in that croaky, eerie, chilly voice of his was superb in my opinion and gave pathos and direction to an otherwise sadly lacking script.

If it wasn't for Ian McDiarmid's performance, the Wookies (Arrrooooo!!!), and the superb last 20 minutes....I would NOT have sat thru my second viewing of Episode III.

I take back what I said yesterday.

You can pay me no matter how much you want...and I would NOT want to sit through that movie again!

Sigh...I guess I still have the pirated copies of the Original Trilogy boxed set available the next time I wanna get some Star Wars fix for my addiction.

;-p