Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Those Meddling, Meddling Moms!

Good God in Heaven!

Deliver me from this Evil and preserve my soul from their bloody meddling!

i HAD to volunteer for ‘driver-duty’ on Saturday night (don’t ask what the hell was I doing staying in on a Sat night in the first place) chauffeuring me Ma and her pals to and fro from our home to some do’ at some country club in KL. Turns out it was this 25th year gathering of some Old Girls from her alma mater.

Neways the drive was an event I would NOT like to experience ever again!

Women start out playing HOUSE and Masak-masak when they were kids, then ‘graduate’ to monkey love crushes and playing with prepubescent male hearts. For their ‘Masters degree’, they hit the playing field and tinker with adult men hearts as they find that perfect one who can afford their tastes and provide for them in the future.

Now that all their children are grown up and they start having some free time, they take their ‘PhD’ and start meddling with their children’s lives instead!

Tonight, I was witness to women in their 40s and 50s go on and on about who’s son/daughter was eligible, who was seeing who, who’s getting married to which family, and so on and so forth. Listening to them, it was as if it was a matter of the State of the Economy or summat!

And don’t think I wasn’t free of their meddling clutches either!

All throughout the drive, hints were dropped so blatantly about how their daughter was available and what a *nice* boy I am, nice family, nice parents, etc. (Note: ONE thing that turns ME off is the word NICE, call me anything else BUT that....it’s just SO...*normal / pedestrian*)

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not THAT egotistical to actually think that I’m MORE better than their daughter or summat (purge that thought from ur memory! I’m NOT that vain-lah)...it’s just getting involved with ur mother’s friend’s daughters is one sure way to a shotgun wedding or worse.

I’ll have to constantly be on my best behaviour and of course wouldn’t be able to fool around (if the situation permits) ‘cos whatever happens will directly be ‘reported’ to my mom.

*Shudder* Images of my life in high school (when I had the unfortunate experience of attending the same school my Mom was teaching at) are gradually coming to surface. *Deja-Vu!*

In summary, despite all the complaining, it sure was an eye-opening experience to chauffer the ladies around as it gave me the insight about women in their 40-50s.

Women don’t change much do they, no matter whether they’re 5, 25 or 50...they all have the same meddling instinct within them!

;-p