Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Sunday Bloody Sunday

I lost my *virginity* last Sunday.

As the throbbing pain behind my back started surging up my spine to my brain, I had an epiphany.

From this point onwards, I've lost my innocence......

There's no going back....

Soon i'll turn into..... A WORKAHOLIC !

------
Hahahahaa...gotcha goin there for a minute, eh ? ;-p

Sunday was a cop-out weekend for me. I had to come into work and help my Assistant Manager finish up his submission of our client's prospectus to the Securites Commission.

Real boring stuff that I won't talk about cos it'd put you to sleep.

Neways, I thought it would just be a few hours work, but verdammt(!) I stayed at the office from 11 AM until 9 pm at night ! That's close to 10 hours of work, you might as well not call my Sunday as a weekend then....

However, my company DOES give us double pay when we work on weekends....

Still, my stand remains, TRADING my free time for a measly amount of extra money on top of my monthly wages SUCKS big time...I prefer to have that extra free time to do what I yearn to do in my free time...spend time with my family, hang out with friends, catch a few movies at the cinema or on DVD, etc. etc.

But on that late Sunday afternoon, I didn't care anymore. I've become desensitized to the world around me. I didn't yearn to do the stuff I would normally do on Sundays. The only thing that was on my mind was how to solve the problem in fron t of me so I could get out and leave.

Heck, I was so focused on the work, I didn't notice the hours fly by...when I looked up from my cubicle, to my surprise, the sky had already darkened and I missed doing anything I had planned to do that day.....

Oh well...no point complaining about it now...WORK is WORK and what must be done, hav eto be done, no matter how hard it is.

I guess that's the epiphany that I came to that Sunday evening....when you finally mature and become an adult you realise that you HAVE to compromise in a lot of things in life JUST to make a better living for youself.

You might not enjoy what you have to do, but in order to survive, you have to compromise your ideals and dreams ( I always wanted to write & draw a comic book, or even direct a movie) and be responsible enough to meet the duties you have agreed to.

That's the REAL world ppl, there's no black or white.....just deeper shades of grey.

The factor that ensures whether you make it or not in this world is how willing are you to change / adapt to new challenges ?

Are you a roll-with-the-punches-and-keep-on-going kinda guy or a take-it-sitting-down worrywart?
That's the only defining factor between a CEO of a company and the hobo begging for change on the side of the street.


;-p