Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Top 5 Wired Wants

Being a tech geek, there's so many new gadgets that I wish I could own and use, to make myself a more wired person. Unfortunately, there's always this small matter called MONEY which surfaces whenever I fancy myself using one of these gadgets.

If I had all the money in the world (one day my son, one day), these are the Top 5 Wired gadgets that I secretly fantasize of acquiring....

1) A *NEW* Handphone
The handphone I currently wield is SO bloody dated that I prefer to take miss-calls then answer the phone when I'm in the company of people (yes it's THAT old!).
Being a Nokia beeeatch, I wouldn't go for any other brands and would most probably purchase a Nokia 6230, 6600 or 7610.
Since Nokia 6230 is the basic candy bar design (just like the grandaddy of all Nokia phones like the one that I own; the Nokia 3210) I think I'll give it a no-no and consider the other two alternatives. Nokia 7610 looks zany and I wonder whether it can fit into my work-trouser pockets easily. But then the Nokia 6600 is even MORE bulkier when compared to Nokia 7160 so...

Oh well, all this conjecture & guessing won't do much good since I dinnae have the money in the first place to purchase them....yet(!).....oh well...it's always good to daydream.

2) A Digital Camera
Now that I have a blog, having a digital camera comes in handy for capturing those special moments and even giving you all a window into my world by showcasing the people and the places in my life. The two models I'm currently looking at are the Casio-Exilim 5.0 mps or the Sony Compact 5.0 mps.

I think the decision that would swing my vote would be how user friendly is the camera interface, and how easy would it be for me to download my pics from the camera to my PC.

From past experience, my friend have been having problems with her slim & compact Casio-Exilim when downloading pics onto her PC (well the fact that she lost the instruction guide and the editing suite CD doesn't really help either ;-p)...so I'm swinging more towards the bigger, bulkier Sony Compact 5.0 mps.

3) An Apple iPod
I'm undecided on choosing between style over substance.

The new iPod mini comes in 5 new colours and I currently have my eyes set on either the Silver or Blue iPod mini. However the max space is only 4 GB which can fit a 1000 songs.
If I'm serious about buying an iPod, I might as well go for the mother of all iPods ; the original iPod 40 GB which can fit 10,000 songs.

At the end of the day, i'm going to be using my iPod NOT only to fit in mp3 songs but also to move data and artwork around easily like a thumbdrive. So the more space I have , the better.

Oh well, let's see which one's more affordable come the next PC Fair, eh ?

4) A DV-Cam
This is a real pipe-line dream fer me since I haven't thought much about it until just this minute as I'm writing it down.

Yeah, a DV-Cam would be real handy as I fancy myself of being a film director someday. (yeah..."angan-angan Mat Jenin" la katakan! i.e. a Malay saying for dreaming the impossible yet doing nothing about towards achieving the goal)

A DV-Cam would enable me to tinker about and maybe enter a few amateur film festivals like the Malaysian Video Awards and the Cyberjaya CITV which are both held anually and are conduits for amateur film makers in Malaysia to get further recognition and funding for future projects.

One can always dream, eh ?

5) An Apple iMac
And lastly,an Apple iMac would come in handy with it's user friendly video editing function which would allow me to edit the home movies captured using my DV Cam into something worth watching and showing to people.

All of these wants remain as dreams for now, but every day, slowly but surely, I'll take my step by step towards achieving these goals and hopefully towards creating more wants (after all, the human psyche is NEVER satisfied with what it has, non?)

;-p