Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Monday Bloody Monday!

Verdammt!

Could this happen on any other bloody day but Monday ?

The power to my office building got cut off around 8:30 am this morning.

Now, being the profit maximizing, results-driven, investment bank that we are, EVERYONE just resumes work normally after the temporary black out using auxiliary power. The PCs are working fine (thank god fer that...I don't wanna have to start resorting to actually having to do PAPERwork).

However, the air conditioning is off and the ventilation system for this building is crap.

It feels as if I'm trapped in a giant tomb with all my fellow office colleagues.

It's floor upon floor of mass tombs with people boxed in their own cubicles considering the stale air hanging around each department.

Heck it's only like 11 sumthin in the day and I smell fucking 'rank' already like I just ran a bloody 10-mile marathon or summat!

At the rate this is going, I might just fall asleep from getting dozy due to the heat or I might start putting people in a coma from choking on me 'rank-ness'. (Note to self: Have to get better deodarant!)

U know looking from another perspective; this might just be what HELL is like:

Masses upon masses of people boxed into itty-bitty cubicles with NO ventilation nor air-conditioning (hey, this is after all, HELL that we're talkin about) FORCED to do meaningless number-crunching and paperwork only for you to come upon the realization at the end of the day that what u r doing has no bearing at all upon the company's prospects and u r just a small cog in the machine.

Heck, I'm getting teary-eyed just from having that epiphany! ;-p

Ironically enough, as I'm typing out these last few sentences, the power came back on and the A/C is on full blast like the chilly winds of the Siberian valley.

Hallelujah! Alhamdulillah!

I'm just happy enough to do a little dance on my chair in appreciation of the A/C returning.

The prospect of being branded an office fool however keeps me back from doing so. ;-p

Oh well, maybe Mondays aren't so bad after all...they just have a bad rep cos their agent is crap at convincing the media of otherwise.
*Thought myself as I mentally boogied to the sounds of cheesy 70s disco music*