Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

My Guilty Pleasure

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
It has been a week since I last confessed my sins. ;-p

I am guilty for coveting the 8th Deadly Sin : Reality TV shows.

In particular, one no guy in his right mind would even consider watching in the first place; the one, the only, the show titled "Queer Eye for a Straight Guy"

I have to say, I didn't initially set out to watch this show (no straight man would willingly say they watch this show I guess, when the irony is, it's guys that NEED to watch this show in this first place to learn a thing or two about a thing or two! ;-p ) but verdammt! it's more addictive than watching a gory 3-car pile up on the Federal Highway!

For the uninitiated, Queer Eye is a reality show aired on 8TV (I think u can conclude now that 8TV is the ONLY terrestrial TV channel that I watch...yes ppl, I'm SUCH an 8TV beeeeaaatch!) every Saturday night around 12:45 (*Observation No. 2: NiK doesn't go out on Saturday nights, or even if he does, he makes sure he comes back by 12:45 to watch 5 gay men parade their antics on the idiot box...sheesh what a loser*---Shut up NiK's Conscience! I swear I'm gonna trade u in for a new one any day now)

Neways, before my conscience decided to so rudely interrupt my confession Father, the show is about 5 gay guys (each an expert in a certain field i.e. Grooming, Fashion, Home Decor, Culture and Cooking...gawd I'm a Queer Zombie ! I can't believe I just typed that right off the top of my head... i NEED to start watching some MACHO straight shows now) who each and every week visit a straight guy (i.e. HETEROsexual) to give some personal improvement tips.

One Saturday night, I came back from wherever it was I was previously and turned on the boob tube at the right moment these guys were parading their gay antics on this straight Fabio-like built Italian beefcake. U see this straight guy was a normal straight guy who thinks sporting long hair is cool, likes to work out (maybe too much cos he was built like Schwarzenegger) and still lives with his Italian Momma who cooks and does the laundry for him gladly cos he's her only son (hmmm..sounds kinda familiar..maybe I should start thinking of moving out of the house).

Now the Momma's in a bother cos she knows she can't stay alive forever and who would take care of her pride and joy once she passes away? So she musta wrote to the Fab 5 or summat cos the next thing u know, they're at his house tearing everything apart and turning his life upside down in 24 hours.

He gets grooming tips, they cut of his Fabio-like tresses, Carson the fashionista (the most mak-nyah like queer I've ever seen that if I was in a room with him at a party, I might just walk up to him and give him a bitch-slap for being so 'gedik' on the show) shows him how to dress in casuals and daywear besides gym singlets and sweats. Jai the culture vulture teaches him how to read body language when conversing with a lady and the cook (I can never remember his name...maybe cos he looks so normal and straight) teaches him how to barbecue while at the same time eat healthily.

Neways, watching the transformation of this Italian beefcake going from Macho Fabio to sleek debonair guy was just too exciting that I unfortunately got hooked on the show like an Alcoholic Anonymous given a voucher for a shopping spree in a liquor store. Verdammt was I hooked!

So sadly Father, since that day onwards, I have repeatedly continued my transgressions and tuned in willingly every Saturday night (when I am of course not going out that is.....I have to keep a pretense that I'm this sleek guy that wines and dines chicks EVERY weekend y'know! ;-p ).

One positive note tho' i HAVE learned a lot from this Fab 5 queer guys; I learnt to how to shave properly(slow and steady keeps it ready), got some extra grooming accessories (aftershave balm, etc.), learnt how to be more presentable, heck even pick up home decor and cooking tips! (I'm not particularly proud of those last two, but hey if it makes me a better man, why not?)

So is there any hope for my poor, lost heterosexual soul, O Father ? Can I receive redemption for my sins ?

O Father, Where art thou ?

*Whisper---whisper--whisper* from the other side of the Confessional Box

What the fu- ? The priest is watching reruns of Queer Eye on cable tv u say?

U rat-bastard u, Wait up for me! *Runs off in queer-like fashion*



*Disclaimer*
This post was written out in this context not to make fun of any religion or anything in that spirit...I just felt writing the post in a 'Confessional' type scenario seemed interesting...I especially liked the opening sentence "Forgive me Father for I have sinned" (I've just been watching TOO many Hollywood movies with this line being played out and it kinda sticked on my mind)

Neways, if u did feel offended, do write back in the comment box and I'll be more mindful of others when writing in the future.