Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Music to My Life

My life has changed eversince I bought an I Pod.


Now, wherever I go, I tend to have a theme music to my life.


Early in the morning I'm Rock & Roll to hype myself up for work.


Midday I'm Chillout techno or Classical music as my metabolism slows down.


After hours, I'm usually Latin Jazz or R&B as I work late into the night.


In between there's always the generic Hip Hop R&B and Pop music of course but buying an I Pod has forced me to explore my creative boundaries and taste other genres of music.


I've somehow learnt to appreciate other genres which I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole until only recently.


I guess as I mature, pre-fabricated rock, pop and rap tunes doesn't float my boat anymore.


Currently on my favourite playlist are Original Movie Soundtracks. (OST)


If you're the downloading-music kind, go to Bit Torrent or E-Mule and start d/l these superb OSTs : Ocean's Eleven & Twelve, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill 1 & 2.


They all source music from the 50's to the 70's right up to the 80's and I gotta say it's damn refreshing compared to today's same 'ol, same 'ol format-radio offerings.


I *feel* as if I'm in a bank heist myself when I'm cruising down the highway as the Ocean's 11 OST blares on in the background. And Quentin Tarantino sure does have an eclectic taste in music 'cos his OST has every genre and shuffling that feels like listening to a time warp.


Good times!


:-)