Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Pre-MENstrual Tension

I'm in a *funky* (somber) mood today.

I woke up to the sounds of Damien Rice's The Blower's Daughter playing in my mind.

For those not in the know, it's this hauntingly, achingly, slow accoustic song played at the start of the movie CLOSER (starring Jude Law, Julia Roberts, Clive Owen and the *scrumptious* Natalie Portman)....

The movie opens with a slo-mo shot of a crowd of people walking down a street in London (the camera shows them peeps from the frontal view)...and on one end we have the scruffily handsome Jude Law on his way to work. While on the other end of the road we have Natalie 'sexy imp' Portman walking down the road in a red-hot short punkish hairdo. Slowly they start noticing each other and smiling / flirting...

As an accoustic guitar accompanies the following vocals :

"The Blowers Daughter"

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?

I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new


*Sigh*

That'll teach me to stop watching depressing rom-coms on a boring day-off ever again!


I gotta get myself out of this funky PMS mood 'cos it sure ain't helping when it comes to charmin' the ladies. Nothing says 'desperate and gagging for it' more than my current PMS mood.


Maybe I should go get some Chocolate Chip Ice Cream...mmmm...sugar-high!


;-p