Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Seven Days

Murphy’s Law: “EVERYTHING that can go wrong, WILL go wrong, ALL at the SAME time.”

My boss called me up on Monday for a chat.
Turns out I wasn’t performing at work and if I don’t buck up in two weeks I’d be without a job in 2 weeks time. Out in the cold with nowhere to go and bills to pay!

Slept in the office overnight on Tuesday to catch up on work.
The hard office floor *sure* is an interesting experience compared to my warm, comfy bed at home.

Had a surprise encounter during lunch on Wednesday.
One of my favourite women to tease in my ‘harem’ is going out with one of my best friends.In retrospect it COULD be platonic and I’m way TOO paranoid / over-imaginative for my own good.Oh well...there’s more women in the world.....Next!

On Thursday, I had a disciplinary hearing with Human Resource over my non-performance.My implicit assertions that I’ve learnt my lesson and am turning over a new leaf was just met with blank stares of disbelief. I guess I should have laid off the begging and crying act then....

Tomorrow’s Friday and I’m behind on deadlines DESPITE sleeping in the office for the past 2 nights! My manager’s going to kill me for missing the deadline for a SECOND time.

Scheduled for a business trip to Singapore over the weekend with office mates.I wish it was for pleasure instead, ‘cos being stuck in an air-conditioned hotel suite on Sentosa Isle as the CEO and CFO drones on and on about corporate strategy SURE is exciting.

But I digress.

I thank God that i STILL have a corporate job (despite having to sacrifice my LIFE for the next 3-6 months in order to catch up enough with the office pace to start performing at the firm’s level of expectations) and am not one of the million unemployed oversea graduates.

Life’s full of hard knocks. When you get knocked down...rise again and knock back harder!!!


;-p