Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Jalan-Jalan Jum'at

I had a MINI treat today when Shahrir and Ahmed (my regular Friday prayer buddies) decided to take me to a mosque I haven't been to before:

The International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (I.S.T.A.C.)

ISTAC Mosque Posted by Hello



ISTAC Mosque Posted by Hello


As you can see from the gorgeous pics , the ISTAC Mosque has this unique Spanish/Morroccan styling to it unlike most Mosque architecture we are used to seeing around Malaysia.

The inside was more beautiful with heavy oak doors and high ceilinged carvings draped with chandeliers and Muslim scriptures adorning the walls. Unfortunately, I didn't dare use my cameraphone inside 'cos of the number of people praying at the time.


Symmetry Posted by Hello


The centerpiece to the front entrance of the mosque is this simple water fountain adorned by arches on all four sides. I gotta say I was kinda taken aback by this exquisite grounds because I couldn't believe that an architectural beauty like this could be nestled secretly in between Damansara Heights' high cost houses, Bangsar's bustling activity, and Sri Hartamas' hot nightspots.


Tree Of Life Posted by Hello

The next time you go on a drive...try roaming a bit off the usual routes and you'd be surprised at the secrets you'd find in between KL's regular hotspots.