Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Being Khairy Jamaluddin

This happened QUITE awhile ago, but I’ve been TOO busy getting used to the new job (FYI: I moved from CIMB Equity Research into CIMB Islamic recently) that I barely have time to blog these days.

Neways, CIMB Islamic had an event recently where I came face to face with the one, the only, Khairy Jamaluddin. (KJ)

Now before I continue this story further, you have to understand that prior to actually meeting him at this press conference, my only knowledge or preconceptions of KJ were formed by all the write-ups I was exposed to on malaysiakini.com and its ilk. So you can imagine myself having a negative outlook on a person I consider a young upstart trying to break into the political scene currently controlled by old fogeys way past their sell by dates. (yes..politics is a topic I don’t relish discussing/keeping up to date on… Hence my heathen fool, moronic red-neck child-like view of it)

KJ's Speech Posted by Picasa


I mean KJ is just 3 years older than me…and he’s the SECOND most influential man in Malaysia through association with our Prime Minister by marriage to his daughter(!)

WTF ??

Color me Jealousy-Green, man!!!

Kidding aside; let’s just say I don’t have too high a regard for KJ after reading all the negative articles on him online.

Seeing him in action tho’….might have just changed my mind. For Good.


Cheque Acceptance Ceremony Posted by Picasa


KJ came around to CIMB HQ for a press conference where we as Platinum Sponsors of the World Halal Forum were passing KJ and his organization a healthy donation for the aforementioned event. At the press conference, KJ went into a 5-7 minute speech smoothly and for the first 4 minutes, he recited it directly from memory (without even once looking at his notes) plus even added flourishes of a faux-English accent, superb eye contact, good body language, and kingly voice control over the crowd (bringing it up a few octaves where it was clear that the crowd was falling asleep; and making small in-jokes to lighten up the topic).

I take it back. I’m now DOUBLY JEALOUS of KJ !!!

This is one smooth-talkin muther-fcoker man!

Press Q&A Session Posted by Picasa


From his great body language, to his excellent control over the topic and conversing in the English language (sad to say, most ministers in power currently are CRAP when it comes to delivering speeches or public talks), to his clear self control over his will and the people around him.

Damn I’m impressed man….

In summary, yes, my point of view of KJ hasn’t changed (in a way). I’m STILL jealous that a man just 3 years older than me is one of the influential peeps in Malaysia right now by virtue of his marriage to the Prime Minister’s daughter. BUT I have also attained a newfound respect for this b@st@rd seeing how polished and smooth he is pulling off the politician role.

Heck…at the end of the day, politics is BLOODY dirty neways and the “Old Guard” have been leeching off the rakyat for too long(!) Let KJ and his army of like minded young upstarts (mostly Cambridge and Oxford bred) take over the country and have their time in the sun (leeching off the rakyat) pulak.

After all..what’s the difference of having a lesser evil compared to the current government we have anyways??