Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

DJ Tiesto/Renault's Pit Par-tay

Tiesto is a Rock God.

Yes, I know, I know…he’s a world renowned DJ and drops a beat like nobody’s business. But FORGET that fact for a second. And focus on the fact that he managed to MOVE an 18,000-strong crowd like those ancient legends of rock's hall of fame….and you’d start to see things from my point of view.

Silence (feat Sarah McLachlan) Posted by Picasa


I was one of the many, many, ravers that managed to catch Tiesto play in KL during his short showcase recently in time with the F1 weekend. (I gotta say here that I’m jealous as hell ‘cos the Penangites got to have DJ Mario Piu or was it Mauro Picotto(?); and am sad ‘cos I missed DJ ATB’s showcase on Friday night, one day before Tiesto’s Pit Party).

Traffic Posted by Picasa


Yong and his gal Eliza, plus mua arrived fashionably late around 9ish just in time for DJ Tiesto’s showcase (we couldn’t be bothered with the filler DJs since they’re scrubs with less mad skillz ~ cheers again Liz for the complimentary tickets!).

After smoking up a joint, I was flying high enough to let my reservations go and just float to the beat of the music. And when I say float, I actually meant jump up and down like a rabid British bulldog on steroids just minutes from being put down by a shot to the head, for 5 hours straight. (What can I say....*weed* does that to you sometimes!)

Adagio 4 Strings Posted by Picasa


In closing; Tiesto rocked…HARD. And his third and final set must’ve been the best ‘cos he overcome his earlier technical deficiencies and truly stepped up his game. Plus the fact that I was in the middle section of the arena with Tiesto playing directly in front of me and the music booming til’ my heart shuddered in unison to the thumping bassline must've helped! ;-p

Just Be Posted by Picasa


God, I wish we got quality Euro-trash DJs like Tiesto, Mario Piu, and ATB, like every day of the week instead of JUST when the bloody F1 comes to town or if Heineken / any other sponsors decides to run an event.

I’m down with radio-friendly R&B played in clubs and all…but dude…sometimes you just wanna get fcuking high and bop like a dumbass-moron to the thumping beats of Euro-trash rave music!

Highly recommended!

;-p