Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Kids These Days!

*Sigh*

I feel SO old. :-p



Aziff the Smart-Ass Posted by Hello

Kids these days do the darndest things!

Just last weekend, I was spending some time with these kids I know as neighbours and damn do I feel old among them.

Do u ever remember while u were growing up how adults would make comments like:

When I was your age we didn't have SO and SO and we still survived!

And then the old fogey would go on and on lecturing about the good ;ol days and how modern times have corrupted us young 'uns.

Well...I guess I'm an old fogey nowadays 'cos I went into the exact same tirade last weekend when I learnt that the cute neighbour kid above (Aziff) just recently got a top of the line, state of the art camera phone as a present from his father.

And this kid's ONLY 9 yrs old.

It's not that I'm jealous or anything (o.k. I admit it i AM jealous of that lucky lil' sonova....), but I worked my arse off to get my Nokia 6630, coming in to work on weekends; working overtime until it's 1 Am before I leave the office, moan, bitch, moan, bitch, moan....

And this cheeky lil' kid had the balls to walk up to me last weekend and say;

Hey Boy! Come over here...I want to take a picture of you with my NEW camera phone!

Whereupon I went into the the regular old fogey tirade:

Wtf !

When I was your age we didn't have this kinda cocakamamie doohickey gadgets like u lucky, lucky kids nowadays!

We get by with stringing two tin cans together and pretending we were commandos in the deep woods of Vietnam. The sound and clarity was crap but we sure as hell survived!

It's parents who pamper their kids that's what's wrong with the country today. You all are going to grow up and be spoiled brats who don't want to work menial labour jobs and prefer to be unemployed while we have to find foreigners to come over and deplete our economy as they send our ringgit back home to their families!

To which the kid then replied with:

*Sob* *sob* Huaaaaaaaaaaaaa as he ran back crying to his parents.

Well....so much for being a social-guardian then.

I think I'll just keep my thoughts to myself in the future.

:-p

P.S. These kids sure are a cute bunch tho' innit ??