Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Friday, March 31, 2006

I Quit !!!

Could it be possible?
Definitely incomprehensible,

For I had gone 24 straight years,
Of life on this God-given Earth,
Without ever knowing your touch, your caress, your existence!

Meeting you, knowing you, experiencing you;
Was like realising that all of a sudden,
I had another REASON for being.

How could I have gone on SO long,
without ever seeking you out before this?

Meeting you, knowing you, experiencing you;
It felt like you were a part of myself,
That I never EVEN knew I was missing,

Just waiting to be found. Just waiting to be savoured.

But now we must depart.
Circumstances breaks us apart,
And I part now with my sad heart,

For we were NEVER meant to be together.

Then why must we meet only to finally be torn apart?

An Ode to Sampoerna Cigarettes
My First, My Last, My Everything.

By NiK!


Smoke Break Posted by Picasa


"It has been 31 straight days since I had my last puff on a cigarette."

I woke up on March 1st and decided to turn my life around.

Shave off my 6-month length of Anuar Zain-like hair, start eating healthy and going to the gym regularly again, start anew with vigour and determination in my new capacity as an exec at CIMB Islamic, and yes…. regrettably…give up the one thing I’ve fallen in love with the MOST in the past 6 months:

"I've Stopped Smoking"

Now, one month into Project: Turnaround, I gotta say I feel better; I walk around with a new-found confidence gained from losing some weight; straightened my posture due to a fixed-weight training program; plus relishing my work and its new working hours (i HAVE a night life again! No more overtime-bollocks).

Coffee & Cigarrettes Posted by Picasa

Yet if I’m being true to myself, I feel a huge void in my heart, in my soul, in my life. Will I ever know thy caress again? Will my lips ever touch thou again? Will I ever breathe in the intoxicating potpourri of flavours and smells of you ever again?

After a huge satisfying meal; on the john while flipping thru a mag; post-coitus as our heart rates gradually beat back to normal; in the middle of a busy-stressful work day; late at midnight as I sit alone on the swing staring up into the constellation-filled night sky....


"I miss you."


I know it’s BAD for me yet I can’t resist it. Kinda like the Pain-Pleasure Concept, or even the Madonna-Whore complex (Google it up you uneducated heathen fools!) most men suffer from.


So far I’m going strong, doing ok, barely surviving.
Take your pick.


The first two weeks was pure mental torture. I had to stay away from my smoking buddies. Resist their temptations and offers of free smokes. Ate a lot of sweet stuff to compensate for the cravings. In effect I balooned up in size over the course of two weeks.

But by the third week, the cravings abated. I could exist in an environ where the person next to me smoked. Heck, even the smell of second-hand smoke started to rankle me and make me uneasy. I am in CONTROL !


No nicotine patches. No chewing gum fixation. Nothing.

Just PURE strength of will.


Next project on the horizon, wean myself of recreational drugs whenever I go out to have some *fun* (!) But that, my friends…is a whole other story to be told for another time!