Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Reminiscin'

Ahhh...it feels good sometimes to meet up with ppl from ur past and start reminiscin about the good 'ol days....

*START side note*
The PAST will ALWAYS look better and rosier than the present. Why? It's cos we as humans tend to only recollect the good memories and flush out the bad memories. High school was no better then where you are now!

Instead of having to worry about work, deadlines, overdue bills, traffic jams, office politics and having a life outside of work; you used to have to worry about pimples breaking out, love (or monkey-love), sex, exams, tuition, girls (or boys depending on ur sex), friends, etc.

So whatever it is, the PRESENT and the FUTURE is ALWAYS the best time of your life! Why?

'Cos u have the power to affect it and make your present and future a better place!
*END side note*

Neways, I digress too much! ;-p

Back to the main story: I finally met up with the Prefects Board of Directors from my old high school last Wednesday night, at an upscale mamak stall in SS14, Subang Jaya. (Is it just me or are these upscale mamak stalls popping up all around Klang valley like mushrooms after a rainstorm?)

I know, i know, it might be hard to imagine me as a goody two shoes who used to uphold the LAW in high school as a Prefect, right ? ;-p

U could say I was the most unruly Prefect of my batch in 1997.

I regularly came to school late, shirked most of my Prefects duties, let the truant students have their way,I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them *perfect* Prefect B.o.D., etc. etc.

So why didn't I get the sack ?

Well, the fact that my mom was a teacher at my high school might have something to do with that...heh heh

Neways, that's all in the past now....time changes people (for better or for worse).

Nowadays, 7 years later, just the fact that we used to come from the same high school was enought to be a reason for us get together again and reminisce about those good 'ol days.

It sure was weird being accepted into their 'clique' after all this years, but what the hell, I haven't seen this folks for a long time and getting back together again, a connection was made somehow and we managed to bridge the gap from the past.

The jokers are still jokers (with a matured hint of sarcasm), the leaders still are leaders, and the hot chicks are still HOT. The only thing that changed was that we're now all working adults in our early 20s trying our hardest to make our way in the world.

I guess the more things change, the more the stay the same,non ?

Wednesday night sure was cathartic guys, hope to have more lepak sessions with u guys in the future!

;-)