Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

My Life Under the Microscope 2

Kept myself busy all weekend.

In a way, it kinda makes it easier to not think about HER when I'm engrossed in doing something else.

Saturday was a nice surprise with an outing meeting up old classmates (Tassha, Anna and Ayu) for a wedding of our mutual classmate (Adzlinna). I wouldn't usually go out to a wedding just 'cos they're not my thing and most definitely not with three ladies in tow!

Friday's melodrama have made me more open to new experiences however and I'm glad to say I really enjoyed myself.... what is it about weddings that makes women's hormones just go into overload ? ;-p

Neways had a nice after-wedding chat at Starbucks Sunway Pyramid where the conversation revolved around societal's different expectation of men and women.

These ladies were bemoaning the fact that at 24-25, they're already being pressured by society (parents, extended family, friends) about when will they get married next (this happens a LOT at weddings and family gatherings) while guys on the other hand have it easy and feel no pressure at all! :-)

Thank God for that!

I guess living in an Asian country, filial piety and tradition are still upheld so these women feel 'pressured' to conform to societal standards somewhat (i.e. what time to start getting married, what type of career-men to look out for,etc.) It's all hogwash-bollocks and in my humble opinion, women should get married when they're good and ready and have finally found the right person.

NOT just 'cos society deems it's the correct time to do so.

Neways, guys have it worse laters 'cos if ur like 33-35 yrs old and STILL unmarried, ur looked upon as if ur a loser/less successful no matter how many millions u'd be earning monthly!

These kinda talk just drives me crazy....I aim to spend the next 3-5 yrs concentrating on my career mainly and we'll see how things develop then once I'm hopefully financially secure with a thriving career.
-----------

Sunday night was also a joyous celebration as well, 'cos all my KL-based aunts and uncles came together for a feast at the best buffet place in town : Lemon Garden Cafe, Shangri La Hotel in commomerating my recent job confirmation and CNY bonus.

They were extra happy of course 'cos I was footing the bill! ;-p

At RM 88 per person nett, it IS quite a bomb to wine and dine people but hey, it's not every day I get confirmed at the best investment bank in town is it ?

The buffet spread was superb with a wide range of Western (Italian & Continental), Eastern (Chinese & Japanese), and Local (Malay, Indian cuisine). The Dessert section was also a favourite with most of my Kelantanese family (known for our sweet tooths!) as they dished out everything from ice creams to multiple assortments of cakes and chocolates.

The highlight must be the flowing warm chocolate fountain where u can dip marshmallows, fresh strawberry and an assortment of other fruits for some mucho delicious chocolate covered 'sate'.

Everyone had a great time and hopefully I wouldn't be responsible for increasing a few aunt's/uncle's blood pressure or diabetic levels...Sorry! ;-p

Oh well....it's Sunday night and back to the 5-day grind tomorrow then.....

G'night!