Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Run Forrest, Run !

I went to the gym for lunch today.

Haven’t been there in awhile since I started having crazy deadlines & sleeping in the office.

On the treadmill, I feel liberated:

No pretensions. No bullshit. No great expectations. No lies.

It’s just ME. The Road. And My Feet.

The Road doesn’t expect much of me. Don’t give me impossible deadlines. Don’t play mind games with my head.

As long as I’m there. Ready to move to the pace of the machine.: It’ll be there to back me up.

Good God, it feels good to be alive again!!!

To hear the pace of my heartbeat increasing as I exert a faster run.

To break into sweat as my body burns more energy.

To lunge faster and faster into oblivion as I focus myself running on an infinite road.

And then I stop. And reality crashes back into my being.

Body still burning from the exertion, my white skin now turned red with dispersal of heat....I pant and breath out loud for more air....filling my lungs with life.

All my anger...all my fears...all my desires...all my frustrations...burned away in one single, focused jog.

Burning up all this pent up nervous energy and leaving me in a Zen state.

Ready to overcome any challenges coming my way.

And now...4 hours later as I sit in front of my terminal typing this out...I still feel that positive buzz that you only get from a burst of adrenaline... Just can’t wait for my next gym session!

;-p