Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Playing Catch Up

The rest of September was uneventful as I was tied up in deadlines back to back to produce my first, virgin, research report ever to be published by the research house I work at for public consumption.

The stress of doing something SO creative (yes, I am THAT shallow ;-p) took a toll on me and I started down the slippery slope of no-return when I increased my smoking activities to the point of being a chain-smoker.

It felt as if I was birthing a bloody child from conception ‘til the whole bloody messy affair of giving birth looking back at how much I fought with myself internally to buckle down and continue on trying to find positive angles to make the company sound good while trying to grasp the mechanics of forecasting a company’s share price. Cue multiple late nights, weekends in the office and even a few sleep ins at the office.

But I think it was worth all THAT bother.

05/10/05.

That was the day. A momentous occasion indeed. I finally popped my *analyst* cherry!

It’s ironic that it coincides with the first day I got confirmed in Equity Research, 9 whole months ago.

God(!) what a slow bastard indeed, for I took 10 bloody months before I fully grasped the skills of being an analyst. And even then, the stock is shite; so despite my stellar write-up on it, trying to make it “sexy” to the fund managers, I doubt much sales would be generated from it. Betcha my KPIs are gonna be shite which relates into a crap bonus (everyone else gets 15-24 months bonus while I’ll just have to suffice with 6 bloody months! Oh woe is me.) ;-p

The rest of October was a blur as Ramadan came and go, and research work piled up. Raya Aidilfitri was a welcome one-week break; yet uneventful since I didnae go back to Kelantan for Raya celebrations.

Now it’s halfway thru November, and I’m prepping up to churn out two more research reports on shite stocks that nobody would buy in the first place. Cue the same routine of late nights, multiple weekends in the office and a few sleep ins to follow.

God, i HATE this job with a vengeance, but i LOVE the money I earn too much to give it up.

What a conundrum, eh?