Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Rollercoaster Thursday : Emotional Highs & Lows

Heh heh

WHAT a RIDE !

My god, today sure was a rollercoaster ride of emotions!

I went from the highest of highs, to the lowest of lows...from being happy and giddy to moody and depressed.... I bet it'd be awhile until a day like this comes along again.

And there's even a life lesson to learn from todays events !


As always, let's start with the good news, eh ?
;-p


Event 1 : About A Girl

So there I was at another boring Analyst Briefing with the same old, same old crowd of equally bored analyst who were forced to leave the confines of our oh-so-familiar offices (it's not as if we're tortured or anything, the briefing is after all in the posh Sunway Resort Hotel, so I should be griping less,non?) to cover a Healthcare stock and trying hard to find a spin to make the story "sexy" to the traders.

Since I wasn't expecting much, I of course decided to wear my worst shirt today and go with the unshaven-Wolverine-look.

Well, to my surprise, out of the 100+ ppl gathered that day, there in the middle of the hall stood this one, really, really, really sexy lady.

She stood out like a lighthouse beacon in a dark & foggy night; bedecked in a tight traditional kebaya which emphasized all her curves and petite frame.

"Hmmm...she doesn't look like a regular analyst since I haven't seen her at any other briefings before" I thought to myself.

So of course, being the regular hot-blooded male, I spent the rest of the briefing trying to think of ways to get her phone number instead of paying attention to the presentation (much to the consternation of my analyst friend, Sharizan)

Neways, long story short, after the briefing and the regular hoopla of chatting to Management over lunch, I finally picked up the courage to approach this hot-kebaya-bedecked chica as everyone was leaving and she was standing alone in the crowd.

Let’s just say I managed to introduce myself steadily (thanks David Deangelo for the great ideas on chatting up women!) but lost the plot midway and turned into a stuttering idiot (must’ve been her *soft* hand and voice as she introduced herself). I managed to pass on my business card (with “Call Me” written behind) but damn she gave me a *line* when I asked for hers: “I’m sorry but I don’t have any on me right now”

“Yeah right” I said to myself internally.

Externally, I just froze on the spot with no good comeback.

I smiled, said it was o.k. like a wuss, and walked away giving some lame excuse about how my company car was here, etc. etc.

U know what the irony is ?

I only managed to come up with a good comeback about two hours later as I sat in my office ruminating over the events. Something along the lines of: “I might have to run over some legal terms with you so do you have an office email address ?” in a deep macho baritone voice.

Doh!

Neways, there I was, high on the rush of adrenaline from doing something I would never had contemplated doing in my life before (chatting up a woman at a gathering just cos I thought she looked stunning); when I got a text on my phone (my business card has my h/p no as well.)

"YES !" I thought. She answered me back! Wooo-ho!

So there I was, doing my celebration dance in the company car and shouting like a madman (to the surprise of Abg Busu, the driver) and texting cocky-funny replies like mad.

Until the textee wrote back : “Who do you think this is ??!”

Turns out it wasn’t the hot chica I just gave my business card to, but Sharizan instead, my analyst partner in crime who was jealous ‘cos he ran out of cards and didn’t manage to give the hot chick his contact no. as well.

CIPET!!!! POTONG STIM SIUT!!!!!

Looking back tho’....I learned something new today. Meeting new ppl and chatting them up isn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Even though the chica never called me back, today’s events gave me the confidence to continue chatting up ppl I find interesting in the future.

Here’s to a new, more confident, chatty NiK, eh !

;-p