Heyheyhey!

A peek into the twisted mind of a Natural Born Geek! Learn the shocking truth ! Run away crying in agony ! Gasp at the horror! Showing nationwide in all respectable cinema outlets.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

My Guilty Pleasure

Forgive me father for I have sinned.

It has been many moons since my last confession...and now I have come to repent.

Idle Hands are the Devil's Friends Posted by Picasa



I have to admit it.

I’m HOOKED (!).

Gawd, this is going to sound SO gay…but I *enjoyed* getting a manicure.

I know, I know…this is the age of metrosexual men…where men have manicures, and facials, and what not. But it’s just SO not me, SO alien....SO feminine (?)

In retrospect tho’…I gotta admit that having my nails done for that Annual Dinner thingy awhile back sure was relaxing…zen-like…even calming perhaps.

As the HOT female nail-artist took my fingers gently into her soft hands and diligently applied first the undercoating, followed by two layers of black varnish, and finally a top-coat to protect my colored nails from chipping; I felt a calming influence come over me.

We chatted over the most inane of stuff from how long had she been in business, to what services did she render to her almost female clientele, to what’s the top fav colors her clientele liked most.

Hahahah…it sure did give me a new understanding of what women go thru in life, how they pamper themselves, and the shite they have to put up with (trying to drive in KL traffic while my nails were still wet was a friggin nightmare!) JUST so they look good for the men in their lives; who don’t even for a second think of how much preparation womenfolk have to go thru in the first place!

Thinking back of my manicure-shenanigans….it reminded me how absurd I must have looked…a satanic-tattoed, goth-dressed, long-haired MAN (it was three hours before the event, I was already in costume by then), walking from one hair/nail salon to the the next one in Sri Hartamas…asking them whether they do nails in black.

Oh…the multiple shocked faces that I saw was worth the price of entry alone!

So the next time u see an Ah-Long like figure walk into a salon, dressed all in black and tattoed right up to the arse looking like he’s about to pick a fight…rest easy… it might just be me in my party costume trying to get a manicure!

;-p